Dear Family Members and Loved Ones of Flushing House Residents,
We know many of you are concerned about the spread of COVI-19 (the new coronavirus) and how it may impact our lives here at Flushing House.
Our mission is to provide “a safe, affordable and enjoyable retirement experience” for our residents. In order to accomplish this during this challenging time we have implemented some changes that will affect our residents along with their family members and loved ones. We are asking that you assist us in encouraging residents to adhere to these suggestions as this will only help in our endeavor to provide a safe community.
We have asked the residents to continually wash their hands with soap and water for at last 20 seconds and to refrain from touching their face, eyes and mouth. If they need to sneeze or cough we ask that they cough into their inner elbow or in a tissue and then properly dispose of the tissue. If they require immediate attention, they have been instructed to please call Security or 911.
Below is a list of some of the changes that have been implemented:
- We have cancelled all van trips for the month of March.
- We have removed the tray service fee for lunch and dinner delivery (dining room is still open for residents).
- We have asked residents to stay in their apartments if they are not feeling well.
- If a resident is visibly ill we will not permit them to enter the dining room or any other common area and we will ask them to return to their apartment. Their meals will be delivered to their room. We will notify the emergency contact if any resident is asked to stay in their apartment.
- We have asked residents to limit their exposure outside of Flushing House. If they have items that need to be purchased they may contact Resident Services and they will assist them in getting items that are needed.
We have taken the following steps to help reduce the potential for the virus to enter our community:
- We have an additional person stationed at the front desk to ensure that anyone entering the building sanitizes their hands and our staff will be physically signing each person in. This may cause a delay when entering the building. Please be patient with us.
- We have installed sanitizers in both of our entry points with clear signage to sanitize your hands before entering.
- We are sanitizing the dining room between meals and all the common areas and surfaces regularly.
- We are limiting our visitors/vendors and have cancelled all public events until further notice.
Preventing the spread of COVID-19 is a community effort. Here’s how you can help protect the residents, as well as prevent the spread throughout the community:
At this time, we ask that you would not visit. However, we understand that you may feel it necessary to come. If so, we request that family and friends limit their visits to the residents’ apartments. We would ask you not to visit in any of the common areas. (Including the dining room). If you would like to drop items off to a resident and do not want to enter the building, please contact the front desk at 718-762-3198. Items can be dropped off between 9 AM and 5 PM.
We are staying up to date with the CDC recommendations as they may continue to change. We will continue to evaluate and notify you of any additional changes that are implemented.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 347-532-3026 or mail me at email@example.com. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.