Dear Family Members and Loved Ones of Flushing House Residents,
As we monitor the Coronavirus closely each day, we are putting in new policies and procedures to best fit the needs of our residents. I am writing to update you on the latest additions to our new policies and procedures. For past updates, please browse the News section of our website.
As of March 24th, 2020, the following additional services have been put in place:
- United Adult Ministries’ Director of Church Relations, Rev. Marjory Roth, is offering Chaplain Services to our residents. Appointments are available on Mondays and Wednesdays between 10 AM and 4 PM. To schedule an appointment call Rochell at (347) 532-3005. Sessions are available via telephone, Skype, FaceTime and in person.
- Building Attendants have instituted a daily garbage pickup, allowing residents to keep their apartments clean without having to leave to dispose of trash.
- Our in house channel ‘Touchtown’ continues to be updated with announcements, special programming, and messages submitted by family and loved ones.
- Dr. DiFranco is offering personal visits to Flushing House residents in their apartments. To make an appointment call 1-800-395-6082 and leave a message with your name, phone number and apartment number.
- Dr. Paul Engel is offering telephone/video counseling sessions to those in need due to the high anxiety and isolation resulting from the Coronavirus. Please contact him at (516) 547-4318 or (718) 461-6393.
- We received a generous donation of masks from Congresswoman Grace Meng and her team. The items were distributed to the appropriate departments and will be used by essential employees.
We are staying up to date with the CDC recommendations as they may continue to change. We will continue to evaluate and notify you of any additional changes that are implemented.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 347-532-3026 or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.